Rate My Corpse Paint
I just spent the better part of an hour hitting refresh on Rate My Corpse Paint. It’s the angry,…
How would Fenriz rate your corpse paint?
1. Corpsepaint is not yet considered racially insensitive.
2. Church arson is not a primary indicator of socioeconomic status.
3. The paradoxical nature of unblack metal is widely recognized, even by geographically isolated tribes.
4. Oslo residents are culturally hostile toward death metal musicians, Swedes in particular.
5. Necklaces made from a lead singer’s skull fragments are traditionally given as tokens of admiration.
“Sociological Observations of Norwegian Black Metal Bands,” by Austin S. Matthews for McSweeney’s.
This. This is apparently what Fenriz is doing. Skip to about 2:20 to see the real madness. I CAN’T EVEN. ”DJ ouawejrakfjs!”
*Bonus points because their practice space looks just as crappy as the practice space of every band you know. I love how they just don’t care. Not in a “yeah I don’t care” way and then actually still caring. But just really not caring. Because they are Darkthrone. FTW.
Seriously, these dudes are the only thing I care about right now. CAN’T STOP LISTENING TO DARKTHRONE.